Why join CAGP
By joining CAGP, you are supporting the growth of Geriatric Psychiatry as a subspecialty in Canada. The activities of the CAGP include:
- Advocates to increase the number of psychiatrists who obtain Royal College certification in Geriatric Psychiatry
- Advocates for more people-power and resources to meet the future clinical needs of an aging populations
- Research committee promotes the funding and dissemination of research by geriatric psychiatrists in Canada.
- Plans a Pre-Conference Course in addition to the Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Offers the Geriatric Psychiatry Online Course, a tremendously popular accredited online course suitable for geriatric psychiatrists and allied health professionals involved in caring for the elderly
- Developes core competencies for resident training and Guidelines for Fellowship Training
- Hosts Annual Scientific Meeting in the fall of each year
- Establishes partnerships with like minded organizations such as the Canadian Psychiatric Association and International Psychogeriatric Association
- Sponsors geriatric psychiatry speakers at meetings hosted by like minded organizations
Benefits of Membership
- You will receive a quarterly e-Newsletter containing regional updates, event information and links to resources.
- You will have access to the CAGP website with a Members Only area that provides opportunities to connect with colleagues across the country
- You will be eligible for discounts on meetings or programs hosted by CAGP
- An expanded members-only list of resources
Join now by completing an Online Membership Application Form
Please click here to view the CAGP Privacy Statement